KBOX // Enclosure
Eurorack 3U Enclosure with K1205 Power Supply
Enter the world of modular synthesis in style, with a KBOX enclosure from Kilpatrick Audio. Made from durable aluminum and high-quality Elma rails, this enclosure is not just a rebranded industrial chassis like some modular vendors sell. It's a completely custom-designed enclosure specifically engineered for modular music use. This includes a short enclosure depth, full shielding for keeping out unwanted noise, removable rack ears, and an integrated custom power supply.
The KBOX includes the K1205 power supply which uses DC-DC converters to achieve more than 85% efficiency at full output. This means less heat that could damage your modules, and less power used. The system runs on a single +18V external power supply which is included. There is a generous +5V output which is perfect for running newer digital modules. There are 14x Doepfer-style 16pin power outputs, and the CV and GATE busses are internally connected. A DC input and power switch are located on the rear panel.
Features and Specs
- Occupies 3U (rack units) and provides 84 HP (84 x 0.200") of Eurorack mounting space.
- Uses high-quality Elma rails with M2.5 holes - 40x M2.5 x 10mm screws included.
- Rack-mounting possible with included ears. Can be removed for table-top use.
- Enclosure made completely of aluminum.
- Maximum rackable module depth: >140mm
- Includes K1205 high-efficiency power supply:
- Provides +12V, +5V and -12V
- 14x Doepfer-style 16pin power outputs available
- +12V output: 900mA / 1000mA peak
- +5V output: 900mA / 1000mA peak
- -12V output: 300mA
- Runs from +18VDC input. External power supply included.
- Dimensions: 17" x 5.25" x 7.25" (W x H x D) (plus rack ears)
- Designed and made in Canada using high quality parts.
- Warranty: 1 year
No longer available.